Larabee has options! Day classes and Evening classes make it easy for you to fit real estate education into your busy schedule. Check out the details below:
Broker Licensure prerequisite through Larabee School of Real Estate consists of Foundation 1: Principles & Practice. After salesperson classes have been completed you can take any of the remaining classes we offer toward your broker license.
The two foundation courses for Salesperson Pre-license covers an introduction into the field of real estate, providing a comprehensive picture of the field of real estate, covering terminology, concepts of real estate law, agency, finance principles & practices, basic math, title, property management, appraisal, leases, investment, listing agreements, fair housing, ethical practices, Nebraska license law, environmental issues, contracts, closings and brokerage. Each course provides 30 hours towards your Broker License. Each course may also be used for 9 hours of Salesperson or Broker CE
This pre-license course will assist learners in attaining a solid understanding of legal real estate practices and classic marketing principles and sales techniques from the perspective of the real estate industry. It will also provide insight into roles and responsibilities from a macro and micro level of a broker. Provides 30 hours towards your Broker License. May also be used for 9 hours of Salesperson or Broker CE.
Designed for the student to become efficient in determining appropriate investments to match client or customer’s needs. Various types of investment will be examined with characteristics, which affect gross and net incomes. Students will be working with calculators finding capitalization rates, internal rates of return, discounting, and other areas. Provides 30 hours towards your Broker License. May also be used for 9 hours of Salesperson or Broker CE.
This course is intended for students desiring knowledge of rural real estate in the various aspects of buying, selling and the ownership of rural real estate including tax considerations. Case studies are presented and solved in classroom groups and discussions. Provides 30 hours towards your Broker License. May also be used for 9 hours of Salesperson or Broker CE.
This is intended for students desiring instruction in the management of various types of real estate, either for professional purposes or for managing their own investments. Provides 30 hours towards your Broker License. May also be used for 9 hours of Salesperson or Broker CE.
An introduction to real estate evaluation, factors affecting value, valuing land and improvements, depreciation and the math of appraisal. Student appraisal of a single-family dwelling is required for course completion. Provides 30 hours towards your Broker License. May also be used for 9 hours of Salesperson or Broker CE. NO CREDITS FOR THE APPRAISER LICENSE PROVIDED BY THIS COURSE.
What can or can’t I do as an agent? What can or can’t I say in my advertising? This brand new course is a fresh take on NE License Law. The state laws that govern real estate agents and brokers are put in place to protect the public. Take this course to learn more about your rights and responsibilities to your fiduciary in your day-to-day practice.
Registration and payment must be received at least three business days prior to the start of class. No registrations will be accepted after the class has been closed.
It doesn’t hurt to plan ahead! Look over the pre-license and exam prep schedule online and pre-plan the path you will take to obtain all your class hours.
In addition we have intentionally offered our in-class pre-license coursework back-to-back to ensure your success on the exam.
1. If a student taking in-class provides notice of cancellation within 72 hours of enrollment but before classes begin the School will provide a full refund of all tuition paid minus costs for any materials provided. For on-line, a refund will be decided by VanEd360 Training.
2. If a student provides notice of cancellation after 72 hours of enrollment, but before classes begin the school will provide a refund of tuition paid minus a $50.00 registration fee and the cost of materials provided.
3. Once classes begin there will be no refunds for materials or tuition. However, as long as the student makes a written request within 45 days after the beginning of the class, the school will consider applying payment to another class. In all cases the initial class coursework or substitute must be completed within 12 months of the initial class registration.
4. There shall be a full refund of payments in the event the school cancels or discontinues a course/program before the student could have reasonably completed the course/program. For 45 days after the class is cancelled or discontinued, the student will have the option to transfer their tuition fee to another course. However, there will be no refund for materials provided.
5. Should the school cease to operate, student’s enrollment shall receive a full refund for any course for which the student is not entitled to a Certificate of Completion. Again, there will be no refund for materials provided.
6. The school may terminate a student’s enrollment if any of the following apply: a. Nonpayment of tuition b. Disruptive behavior during classroom instruction. If the school terminates a student’s enrollment for these reasons, the school will provide a full refund of tuition paid minus the cost of materials. *Course attendance for termination purposes is determined by a roster in the classroom. Students are to sign the roster each day they are in attendance.
100% attendance is required. If a class is missed a student is expected to make up that session in an upcoming class in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Should you feel the need to re-take a course, the Larabee School will allow you to retake the class. Should you fail the NE Real Estate license exam and want to retake a course, you may retake the course within 3 months of taking the exam. After 3 months past your exam date, full tuition for the course will be charged to re-take the course.
In the case of inclement weather our cancellation policy follows Lincoln Public Schools weather policy. Communications will be made to local radio, television stations. If Lincoln Public Schools cancels classes due to weather conditions, it is to be assumed that Larabee School of Real Estates classes are also canceled. In the absence of a specific announcement to the contrary, it should be understood that classes will continue as scheduled. If you cannot attend class due to the weather, and we do not inform you of a cancellation, please call us and we will assist you with your options.
Our students must get 70% on course exams in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Any use of video or sound recording during class is strictly prohibited. Should a student be caught recording any portion of the class, he/she will be immediately excused and no refund will be given.